So what is Yacon Syrup from Life and Food? Here is a short description from their website
Life & Food 100% Pure Raw All Natural Yacon Syrup
Our Yacon (Smallanthus sonchifolius) Syrup is sourced from naturally grown organic Yacon fields in the country of Peru. We use the HIGHEST quality Yacon plant to make a premium pure syrup formula.
Yacon syrup has shown to remains low in calories and low on the glycemic index scale. This is due to the fact that the sugar contains high levels of oligofructose (inulin), a form of sugar that is not metabolized readily by the human body. For this reason, Yacon is ideal for diabetics and acts as a great alternative to conventional low calorie sweeteners.
- 100% pure Yacon syrup has shown to assist in weight management, increase fiber intake and promotes good bowel function.
- Other benefits include: Lowers blood sugar. Prevents and controls hyperglycemia (over activity). Restores renal activity. Is a powerful Antioxidant.
- High in prebiotics and probiotics, this syrup contains up to 50% of FOS (fructooligosacharides). It has been found that consumption of FOS does not increase blood glucose, and helps boost your bodies metabolism.
- Naturally grown and sourced from the fields in Peru. Organic certified by our manufacturing specialists.
- 100% pure raw organic syrup formula with no added preservatives. Bottled and tested in a FDA certified GMP facility in the USA.
When I learned that Yacon syrup is a great alternative to conventional low calorie sweeteners, I got excited to try it. I've tried other low calorie sweeteners and I admit, they don't taste anything close to the normal granulated sugar I regularly use. Some have this alcohol-like after taste that I can't really take.
I added 1 tsp. of the Yacon syrup to my lemon water and it tasted nice. It can be taken 3x a day preferably with or before a meal. I like that it's a great prebiotic. Although I haven't actually noticed any weight loss for me, I will continue to add this to my lemon water since it didn't make my stomach upset. :)
You can visit the Life and Food Website to learn more about their Yacon Syrup and other products. You can also purchase it on Amazon.
DISCLAIMER: I am a member of Tomoson and I have received a Yacon Syrup to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.